COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review: After 3 Bottles, Is It Really Worth the Hype?

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

 Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well!

If you live in India, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. The weather has been incredibly hot and humid lately, and honestly, it can be quite frustrating. During this season, even applying a moisturizer can feel uncomfortable because our skin already feels sweaty and sticky.

As someone with dry skin, I still need hydration every morning, but I don't want products that feel heavy or greasy in this heat. That's why I always reach for lightweight skincare that keeps my skin hydrated without making it feel oily.

So, coming to today's review, I want to share my long-term experience with one of my favourite Korean skincare products—the COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence.

I've finished three bottles of this essence, and today I'm sharing my honest thoughts on whether it's really worth the hype.

What is COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

The COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is one of the most popular Korean skincare products in the world. It contains 96% Snail Secretion Filtrate, which helps hydrate, soothe, and support the skin barrier while improving the overall appearance of the skin.

Although the word "snail" might sound unusual at first, don't worry—the texture feels much more elegant than you might expect.

Price & Quantity

Quantity: 100ml

Price: Around ₹1,450–₹1,700 in India (depending on sales and retailer)

I always recommend buying it during Nykaa or other trusted beauty sales because you can often get it at a better price.

Key Ingredients

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

🐌 96% Snail Secretion Filtrate

The hero ingredient that deeply hydrates the skin while helping it feel soft, smooth, and healthy.

💧 Sodium Hyaluronate

Helps attract and retain moisture, keeping the skin hydrated throughout the day.

🌿 Panthenol

Known for soothing the skin and supporting the skin barrier.

✨ Allantoin

Helps calm the skin and leaves it feeling comfortable and refreshed.

Packaging

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

The essence comes in a simple transparent pump bottle.

I personally love pump packaging because it's hygienic, easy to use, and dispenses just the right amount of product every time.

Texture

This is probably the first thing everyone notices.

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

Yes, the essence has a slightly stretchy, jelly-like texture because of the snail mucin.

But once I spread it onto my skin, it glides effortlessly and absorbs surprisingly well.

Instead of feeling sticky, it leaves my skin feeling fresh, hydrated, and incredibly comfortable.

Applying this essence has actually become one of my favorite steps in my morning skincare routine.

My Experience After Three Bottles

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

I have now finished three bottles of the COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, and I honestly can't imagine my morning skincare routine without it. It has become one of those products that I automatically repurchase because I know exactly how well it works for my skin.

How I Use it?

Every morning, after cleansing my face, I take a small amount of the essence onto my palm and gently apply it all over my face. Instead of rubbing it aggressively, I like to softly press it into my skin using both hands until it absorbs. After waiting for just a few seconds, I continue with my moisturizer and then finish my routine with sunscreen.

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

One thing that surprises many people is the texture.

Yes, when you first pump it out, it has that signature snail mucin texture. It's slightly slippery, stretchy, and even feels a little sticky at first. If you've never used a snail mucin product before, the texture might seem unusual.

But here's the interesting part.

The moment I spread it across my face, that initial stickiness completely disappears. It absorbs beautifully into my skin and leaves it feeling incredibly soft, smooth, and comfortably hydrated without any greasy residue.

That's probably one of my favourite things about this essence.

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

Even though it feels a little slippery at first, it never feels heavy on my skin. Instead, it gives my skin a healthy layer of hydration while still feeling lightweight and breathable.

It keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day without making it oily, which is exactly what I look for, especially during hot and humid weather.

I use this essence throughout the year.

During summer, it gives my skin enough hydration without feeling heavy or clogging my pores.

During winter, it works beautifully as a hydrating layer underneath my moisturizer, helping my skin stay comfortable even when the weather becomes dry.

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

Over the years, I have tried many hydrating serums and essences, but somehow I always come back to this one. It has quietly become one of those skincare products that I simply don't want to be without.

Sometimes the products we love the most aren't the newest launches—they're the ones we keep reaching for every single day without even thinking about it.

For me, this essence is exactly that kind of product.

What I Love About It

✔ Lightweight formula

✔ Deep hydration

✔ Suitable for every season

✔ Layers beautifully under moisturizer

✔ Never feels greasy

✔ Pump packaging

✔ A little product goes a long way

✔ I've happily repurchased it three times.

A Few Things to Keep in Mind

If you don't enjoy skincare with a slightly stretchy texture, it may take a few days to get used to this essence.

However, once it's applied to the skin, the texture feels much lighter than it initially appears.

Who Should Buy It?

I would recommend this essence if you:

Have dry or dehydrated skin

Want lightweight hydration

Enjoy Korean skincare

Want healthier-looking skin

Need an everyday hydrating essence.

Is It Worth Buying?

For me, the answer is an easy yes.

I've finished three bottles, used it in every season, and it has become one of the few skincare products that I never like to run out of.

I have tried other hydrating products over the years, but I always find myself returning to this one because it consistently gives my skin exactly what it needs.

Sometimes the best skincare products aren't the ones with the biggest promises—they're the ones you quietly repurchase because they simply work.

This isn't just a first impression—it's the opinion of someone who has trusted this essence through three bottles and still reaches for it every single morning.

Thank you so much for reading and spending your time with me. I'll see you in my next beauty post. Until then, take care of your skin and, most importantly, take care of yourself.

With love,

Rakhshanda (RA)

Chamber Of Beauty

Comments